This workshop draws from the material and activities of this important new book: Supporting the Emotional Well-Being of Children and Young People with Learning Disabilities: A Whole School Approach Written by Fox,
This workshop draws from the material and activities of this important new book:
Supporting the Emotional Well-Being of Children and Young People with Learning Disabilities: A Whole School Approach
Written by Fox, M., Laverty, T., and Chowdhury, S. (2019) London: Routledge
The central theme of the book is developing a whole school approach to supporting the emotional well-being and mental health of children and young people with severe and complex learning difficulties.
This approach offers a practical framework to further develop a greater understanding of the emotional needs of the children and young people with severe and complex needs. It supports emotional well-being through two main strategies,
- Supporting the class as a whole group
- Supporting the individual child or young person with severe emotional difficulties
Aims of Workshop:
- To provide teachers with a means of identifying and supporting children who have emotional and mental health difficulties as well as their severe learning difficulties
- To provide class teams with practical strategies to work together to improve the emotional well-being in their classrooms
- To provide Emotional Well-Being Coordinators/Mental Health Leads a framework for working with outside agencies to support the emotional well-being and mental health of children in the school
- To provide senior management teams in schools for children with severe and complex learning disabilities with a framework to meet the government’s commitment to making schools central to supporting the well-being and mental health of children and young people
Each participant at the workshop will receive a FREE copy of the book
Who’s it for:
Members of School Leadership Teams with responsibility for emotional well-being and pastoral support, SENCOs, class teachers, other professionals working with special schools – including Educational Psychologists, Clinical psychologists, Social Workers, Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Child Therapists and School Counsellors
This full day course costs £145 and includes lunch
Places are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.
thursday, january 30, 2020 - thursday, january 30, 2020
Shaftoe Road, Springwell, Sunderland, SR3 4HA
Reserve your Place to event
14 Spots remaining
Make sure to RSVP to this amazing event!
Can not make it to this event?Change my RSVP
Comments are closed.