06nov9:00 AM4:00 PMEvent OverAn Introduction to working with children with special educational needsOffering insights into how to support SEND pupils in all classrooms settings and providing information on the role of all teachers as described in the Code of Practice: 2015.(CoP)
RSVPing is closed at this time.
Can not make it to this event?Change my RSVP
This single days training has been specially designed for initial teacher trainees and those ‘new to teaching’ with the aim of offering insights into how to support SEND pupils in
This single days training has been specially designed for initial teacher trainees and those ‘new to teaching’ with the aim of offering insights into how to support SEND pupils in all classrooms settings and providing information on the role of all teachers as described in the Code of Practice: 2015.(CoP)
The training is programme is hosted at Sunningdale School which has received two outstanding Ofsted reports and is a specialist provider of education for children aged from 2 to 11 who have sever, profound, multiple and complex learning needs.
Course facilitator Leslie Stevens has many years experience of working in special need education and was Sunderland LEA’s School Improvement Officer for SEND. Leslie is a Member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapy, a Makaton Regional Tutor, and a ICAN Accreditor.
This training course could be of particular interest to Teaching Schools offering teacher training programme in mainstream setting who are looking to offer their students the opportunity to gain insight into how to support children with additional needs and information on applying the SEND CoP
Whist on these course participants will:
• Gain an understanding of the key principles and issues as identified for teachers from the CoP (2015).
• Consider and identify the 4 core areas of special educational need and disability as identified in the CoP 2015, and gain understanding of what teachers should be providing for such pupils.
• Explore through case studies of pupils, who would be identified under the 4 principle areas of the CoP the implications for teachers of meeting the needs of these pupils
• Observe specialist provision being offered at Sunningdale School and have the opportunity to link ‘theory’ and ‘practice’ with in this context.
• Be provided with information on what’s available to support teachers with identified pupils with SEND within their schools by specialist leaders within Sunningdale School
This course training cost £80 per head and includes lunch. This course can also be purchased on alternative dates on behalf of a group at a fixed rate. For information on purchasing group booking please contact email@example.com
tuesday, november 6, 2018 - tuesday, november 6, 2018
Shaftoe Road, Springwell, Sunderland, SR3 4HA
Comments are closed.