This workshop draws from the material and activities of this important new book: Supporting the Emotional Well-Being of Children and Young People with Learning Disabilities: A Whole School Approach Written by Fox,
This workshop draws from the material and activities of this important new book:
Supporting the Emotional Well-Being of Children and Young People with Learning Disabilities: A Whole School Approach
Written by Fox, M., Laverty, T., and Chowdhury, S. (2019) London: Routledge
The central theme of the book is developing a whole school approach to supporting the emotional well-being and mental health of children and young people with severe and complex learning difficulties.
This approach offers a practical framework to further develop a greater understanding of the emotional needs of the children and young people with severe and complex needs. It supports emotional well-being through two main strategies,
- Supporting the class as a whole group
- Supporting the individual child or young person with severe emotional difficulties
Aims of Workshop:
- To provide teachers with a means of identifying and supporting children who have emotional and mental health difficulties as well as their severe learning difficulties
- To provide class teams with practical strategies to work together to improve the emotional well-being in their classrooms
- To provide Emotional Well-Being Coordinators/Mental Health Leads a framework for working with outside agencies to support the emotional well-being and mental health of children in the school
- To provide senior management teams in schools for children with severe and complex learning disabilities with a framework to meet the government’s commitment to making schools central to supporting the well-being and mental health of children and young people
Each participant at the workshop will receive a FREE copy of the book
Who’s it for:
Members of School Leadership Teams with responsibility for emotional well-being and pastoral support, SENCOs, class teachers, other professionals working with special schools – including Educational Psychologists, Clinical psychologists, Social Workers, Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Child Therapists and School Counsellors
This full day course costs £145 and includes lunch
Places are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.
thursday, january 30, 2020 - thursday, january 30, 2020
Doxford Park Way
RSVPing is closed at this time.
Can not make it to this event?Change my RSVP